Tuesday 12 July 2011

London Film and Comic Con...

I haven't posted in aaages! Wow, it's been four whole months! In that time, I haven't actually done all that much drawing - I've been kind of lazy! I did, however, go to The London Film and Comic Con, last Saturday, which was awesome! I managed to get some drawings done for me! 

These are:


Sodam Yat by Jackademus.


Wolverine by Darick Robertson.

The first is my favourite out of the two, Sodam Yat is one of my favourite all time characters, and Jackademus brought him to life for me, in much the same way that Michael Turner brought any character he drew to life.

My girlfriend, Lani and I tried our respective hands at Japanese Calligraphy during the convention and here's what we came up with:


Lani in Japanese Katakana.


Shaun in Japanese Katakana.

It was bloody difficult, I tell you! However, the woman who showed us how to do it, seemed quite impressed with them, and when I showed one of my work colleagues, who can read and speak Japanese, the one that I did, she had the look of astoundment on her face, almost not being able to believe that I'd done it myself! Haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment