Wednesday 13 July 2011

Inspiration is a difficult thing to come by sometimes....

About 3 or 4 months before The London Film and Comic Con, I'd practically run out of inspiration. I wanted to draw, but couldn't do it, and when I tried, it looked so terrible that I regretted even opening my sketchpad! This was until I had a terrible song (Another Way To Die - Jack White and Alicia Keys) stuck in my head, and it was one that I didn't even know the lyrics to! So, I went on youtube and listened to it, so I could put my mind at ease, and in the related videos column I saw a video that was about a South Korean figure skater named Yu-Na Kim. She was skating to a medley of James Bond songs (of which Another Way To Die is one), so I clicked on it, and BOOM, I was metaphorically slapped in the face with the even more metaphorical fish of inspiration!

So, whilst listening to a song that DOES inspire me (How Far We've Come - Matchbox Twenty), I set about drawing her. Here's what I came up with:


Unfortunately it's a little blurry, but otherwise I thinks it's quite good, aside from the directions her eyes are facing and the shape of the eyes in correspondence with each other.

This is the picture I drew from:


I did my drawing on the 06-07-11, three days before I went to the convention, so I was all fired up to go and enjoy all the amazing art there, and guess what?

 IT WAS AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment