Sunday 10 April 2011

Pen and paint....

As a child at school, you'd expect that I'd have played with paints or even been shown how much water to mix with my paint in art class. This is a gross over-expectation. I have never touched a paint set in my ENTIRE life, up until very recently that is, when Lani let me experiment with her paints one day while I was hanging out with her while she was at uni! 

This, ladies and gentlemen, is the result:


If you've looked at this blog before, then you'll know that this picture is from my first post - it's a photocopy of the drawing, which I then (very expertly, of course) painted on! I'd say it's pretty good, considering it's the first time I've ever painted!

Also, It might look like I have put a cheesy effect over the picture - I have not, it's just the fact that the water from the watercolour paint made the paper wet, and it dried in a kind of wavy looking way!

Next comes my favourite drawing using my nice Faber-Castell PITT artist pens! It's a drawing of Aspen Matthews from the creator owned series Fathom, by Michael Turner. It's not a full drawing, just eyes nose and mouth, but what I like about this drawing is the amount of detail I've paid to these.
Here, have a look:


I think I got the perspective right with the eyes too! It's very difficult to get the perspective right a lot of the time, as most of my drawings will show, but this time, I've drawn a prime example of how to do it right (for once)!

No comments:

Post a Comment